A. The services and materials of Robey Memorial Library are available at no cost to all people with a valid library card.
B. The use of the library or its services may be denied for due cause as determined by the library director or library trustees. Such causes may be habitual failure to return materials; non payment of fines; destruction of library property, disturbance of patrons and staff; objectionable conduct on library premises.
C. Circulation regulations:
- All borrowers will complete a registration form which is kept on file at the circulation desk. The number of materials checked out may be restricted until patron identity if verified. No DVD’s/CD’s may be checked out for 30 days.
- All materials may be checked out for two weeks.
- Patrons may renew materials by contacting the library. Materials on reserve and magazines may not be renewed.
- It is recommended DVD’s/CD’s be returned to a staff person at the desk. Patrons will be responsible for any damage incurred through use of the book drop.
- Special limitations: All materials owned by the library may be checked out by patrons of any age with the exception of dated materials in the Iowa Collection and reference books. Photocopies may be made for a fee. Books may be temporarily kept on reserve at a teacher/leaders request.
- Overdues - The Overdue Policy will be followed regarding overdue materials.
D. Interlibrary loans:
- If a patron is unable to find the desired book or information, he/she may request it on interlibrary loan.
- The SILO Interlibrary Loan program will be used to locate the Iowa library owning the materials. Robey Library will request the book from the library.
- The patron will be notified when the material is received by Robey Library.
- The date due is stamped on the library materials. If it is needed longer, the staff will attempt to make arrangements with the donor library.
- There is a non refundable fee to help defray postage costs.
- Robey Library will loan all items except those in the Iowa Collection and reference books. Photocopies may be made for a fee.
E. Under the right of privacy laws, a patron may be told a book is checked out, but will not be told who has the book.
Adopted December, 1995
Revised December, 1999
Reviewed January, 2004
Reviewed August, 2005
Revised January, 2009
Revised February, 2012
Revised March, 2015
Reviewed September, 2018