Get a Library Card
Who can get a library card & how to apply
- All Iowa residents are eligible for a Robey Memorial Library Card.
(Out-of-state patrons may borrow materials for a yearly fee: $20.00 per person or $50.00 per family.)
- To register for a library card at Robey Memorial Library you need
- A verifiable address and phone number.
- A driver’s license (with current address) or a current utility bill with your name & address on it or a parent’s signature (if under the age of 14).
- Library card applications are available at the Front Desk or print out the form below and return to the Front Desk.
How to use your library card
- All materials may be checked out for two weeks.
- DVD's and music CD's should be returned in-library. It is not recommended to return these items through the outside book drop.
- Patrons may renew materials by contacting the library or logging into the catalog.
Please note: Magazines and materials with a hold and may not be renewed.
- Fines for late materials accumulate at a rate of $0.05 per day per overdue item--up to $1.00 per item. Fines on any material lost or damaged are determined based on the cost of the material.
- If Robey Memorial Library does not own a book or item, a patron may request it on interlibrary loan or make a suggestion for purchase.
- Patrons may place a hold on materials that are checked out or on order by contacting the library or logging into the catalog.