Holiday Hours and Holiday Pay
The Library Trustees and the Director of Robey Memorial Library have set the following holiday hours for the Library:
Robey Memorial Library will be closed on:
New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas
The Library will close at noon on:
Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve
Regular hours will be maintained during Holy Week. However, adjustments will be made for any employee who wishes to attend church services.
Full-time employees will be paid for holiday hours as follows:
- If the library is closed for a holiday, employees will receive a day’s pay based on their work week hours; i.e. 35-hour work week would mean holiday pay for 7 hours.
- If the library is closed for only part of a holiday, employees will receive a day’s pay less hours open; i.e. 35-hour work week with a 7 hour day would mean that closing at 12:00 pm would be 5 hours pay (7 hour day minus the 2 hours open between 10:00 am and 12 pm).
- If a holiday falls on a Sunday, employees will receive a day’s pay for the observed holiday.
- As such, full-time employees will receive 7 hours of holiday pay for New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Full-time employees will receive 5 hours of pay for the holidays the library closes early (12:00 pm), which are the day before Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve. (Or the equivalent; i.e. closing at 12 pm on Saturday, December 23rd.
- Full time employees will receive 3 personal days each year.
Sick days and vacation days are based on current Waukon city policy
Adopted April, 1997
Reviewed April, 2000
Reviewed July, 2003
Reviewed May, 2006
Reviewed May, 2009
Revised May, 2012
Reviewed August, 2015
Combined with Holiday Pay February, 2018
Revised March, 2020