Article I - Name
The name of the library is Robey Memorial Library.
Article II - Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees of Robey Memorial Library shall be as provided in Chapter 21 of the Municipal Code of the City of Waukon, Iowa.
Article III - Meetings and Quorum
- A majority of the Board membership shall constitute a quorum. A quorum is required for any voting.
- Regular meetings of the Board will be the second Tuesday of each month.
- A special meeting may be called by the president or at the request of a majority of the board members.
- All meetings of the Board shall comply with the open meeting laws as stated in the Code of Iowa.
- Meetings will follow Robert’s Rules of Order.
Article IV - Officers
- Each July, the Board shall select from among themselves a president, a vice-president, and a secretary.
- The president of the Board shall perform the normal duties associated with the office. He/she shall preside at all meetings of the Board, serve as a liaison between the Board and the mayor and city council and perform other duties as directed by the Board.
- The vice-president of the Board shall perform the duties of the president in his/her absence and perform other duties as directed by the Board.
- The secretary shall take the minutes of the Board meetings which are kept on file at the library. Copies are available to the mayor and council members.
Article V - Expenditures
All claims against the Board must be presented at a meeting, excluding the monthly salaries of employees, which are fixed by the Board and paid by warrants in the usual manner.
Article VI - Amendments to By-Laws
Amendments hereto shall only be made at a regular meeting of the Board and must be proposed at least one month previous to final action on same.
Article VII - Order of Business
Order of business at the meeting of the Board shall be as follows:
- Reading of minutes
- Monthly report
- Director’s report
- Old Business
- New Business
- Reports of special committees
- Communications and petitions
Article VIII - Vacations and Sick Leave
Vacation and sick leave policy will follow exactly that presently used by the city of Waukon for other municipal employees, except for contractual employment contracts.
Adopted March, 1999
Reviewed June, 2004
Revised April, 2009
Reviewed January, 2012
Revised April, 2015
Reviewed August, 2018
Reviewed April, 2021