Health and Healthcare
This site directs you, based on your state of residence, to purchase insurance through either the appropriate state or federal health insurance marketplace.
CDC Healthy Living site
The Centers for Disease Control's (CDC's) healthy living site covers specific health conditions, health at different life stages, and health considerations for specific populations.
Medicare is a health insurance program for people aged 65 and over who have paid into the system through payroll taxes on their wages. In order to receive benefits, you need to enroll. This page, getting started with Medicare, gives more information about setting up Medicare.
- Provides information on health care coverage for financially-needy parents with children, children, people with disabilities, elderly people, and pregnant women in Iowa.
- IA Health Link
- Provides information on Iowa Medicaid members enrolled in the IA Health Link managed care program. This program gives health coverage through Managed Care Organizations.
- Provides information on health care coverage for uninsured children of working families in Iowa.
- Iowa Health and Wellness Plan
- Information on universal access to health insurance for all Iowa citizens while promoting private market coverage.
- Health resources from the federal government.