RML will observe Children's Book Week, Monday, May 3 – 8, 2021, with a Book Illustration Contest.
- Illustrate your favorite children’s book using the medium of your choice: pencil, crayon, markers, paint, collage, etc.
- The finished product must be no larger than an 8”x11” paper and able to be wall-mounted. Paper can be picked up at the library, printed from our website or use your own.
- Artwork should include the book title and character illustrated along with your name and age level: Preschool, K – 4 grades, 5 – 8 grades, high school and adult.
- Participants must turn their finished artwork in at the library’s Front Desk by Saturday, May 1 at 4pm.
- Participants will be included in a random drawing for $10.00 in Waukon Bucks for each of the five age levels.
- All age and skill levels are encouraged to participate!
Artwork will be displayed at the library from May 3rd to May 31. Children’s Book Week is the national celebration of books and reading for youth. Established in 1919, it is the longest-running literacy initiative in the country. For more information contact the library.