Robey Memorial Library provides in-library browsing, reading, and computer use during regular hours—Monday through Thursday, 10am-8pm; Friday, 10am-6pm; and Saturday, 10am-4pm. This week, RML encourages all community members to visit their website to explore and access virtual services and programs. Robey Memorial Library offers a wide array of online resources that are available from the comfort of home, including:
- BRIDGES offers ebook and audiobook downloads available through bridges.overdrive.com or the Overdrive or Libby apps on your favorite device.
- Credo Reference offers fact-based background information from hundreds of encyclopedias and dictionaries.
- Gale Resources offers thousands of online journal, magazine and newspaper articles
- Chilton Library offers access to Chilton manual information, as well as repair and maintenance recommendations for many vehicles.
- Transparent Language offers a complete language-learning system with flexible learning paths to over 100 languages.
- JobNow/VetNow offers online resource for career services, test prep, and software tutorials. Includes specialized services for veterans and their families.
April 4-10, 2021 is National Library Week, a time to highlight the essential role libraries, librarians and library workers play in transforming lives and strengthening communities. The theme for this year’s National Library Week is “Welcome to your library,” which promotes the idea that libraries extend far beyond the four walls of a building and that everyone is welcome to use their services. Whether people visit virtually or in person, libraries are accessible and inclusive places that foster a sense of belonging and community through learning, discovery and exploration.
During these challenging times, libraries of all types have been going above and beyond to adapt to our changing world by expanding their resources and continuing to meet the needs of their patrons. Libraries across the country are making a difference in people’s lives by providing electronic learning resources like online homework help and wi-fi access for students and workers who may lack internet access at home. Robey Memorial Library is supporting the community with in-library services during our regular hours such as access to public computers and printing; free Wi-Fi access; work spaces in our main library and study rooms; and Grab and Go activity bags monthly for children and teens and bi-monthly for adults. And the continuation of Thursday Night Book Club and Teen Advisory Board programs virtually—contact RML for access to these programs.
This National Library Week, the public can show their appreciation and support for libraries by visiting Robey Memorial Library, visiting the library’s website, following them on social media and using the hashtag #NationalLibraryWeek.
First sponsored in 1958, National Library Week is a national observance sponsored by the American Library Association and libraries of all types across the country each April.
For more information, visit the library’s website at www.waukon.lib.ia.us. Robey Memorial Library is the information center of Waukon and surrounding area community. Our mission is to support and serve individuals of all ages by striving to provide current print and nonprint information and technology resources in order to enrich lives through lifelong learning.