March 20, 2023
Robey Memorial Library encourages all community members to visit the library during National Library Week, April 23-29, to explore all they have to offer.
Most people know about the wealth of stories available at the library, from picture books and large print to audiobooks and ebooks. But there's so much more to the story of libraries.
Libraries are welcoming spaces that bring communities together for entertainment, education, and connection through book clubs, storytimes, movie nights, crafting classes, lectures, and more. Robey Memorial Library offers a wide array of programs, classes and resources, including upcoming programs:
· Puzzle Corner during open hours
· Story Time in Tuesdays at 10:30am
· Stay & Play on the first Tuesday monthly at 11am
· Afterschool with Ross of the Allamakee County Conservation Board on the fourth Tuesday monthly at 3:30pm
· Pajama Party-dinosaur story time and activity on Monday, May 1, 5:30-6:30pm
· Live & Learn: Beginning American Sign Language on Thursday, April 27, 5:30pm
· Live & Learn: Bullet Journaling on Thursday, May 25, 5:30pm
· Live & Learn: Using Libby-downloading free audiobooks, ebooks & magazines on Thursday, June 29, 5:30pm
· Summer Explorers-activities for children on June 7 & 21; July 5 & 19; August 2 & 16 at 10:30am
· Thursday Night Book Club-topical book discussion monthly on the third Thursday at 6pm
· Passport to Reading-book club for 4th through 6th graders on June 8, July 6, and August 3 at 10:30-11:30am
· Teen Summer Book Club on June 14, July 12, and August 9 at 10:30-11:30am
· Classic Book Club for Teens on June 12, July 10, August 14 at 5-6pm
· Adult Reading Challenge-year-round reading challenge for adult with prizes
· Summer Reading Challenge for infant through teen during July
· On-going literacy programs for infants through 12th grade—earning books for reading!: 1,000 books before Kindergarten; 100 books before High School; and Read for a Lifetime (for high school students)
· Grab & Go activities for kids and for teens—activity kits available on the second Wednesday each month
· Pinterest Projects—bi-monthly class with a project featured on the social media bookmarking site. Next class on Thursday, June 8 at 5:30pm
· Lego Club for ages 8-17 on Tuesdays in June and July from 10:30-11:30am
And libraries play a critical role in the economic vitality of communities by providing internet and technology access, literacy skills, and support for job seekers, small businesses, and entrepreneurs Robey Memorial Library supports Waukon and Allamakee County with services including:
· Tech Tutor on Thursdays, 10am-12pm
· JobNow/VetNow—online services for career and veteran needs
· HelpNow—online tutoring and homework help
· Tech services for a fee: wireless printing; printing; copying; and scan to email
If you haven't checked out Robey Memorial Library lately, you're missing the full story. Stop by for a visit to celebrate with them during National Library Week, April 23-29. Follow us on Facebook (WaukonLibrary), Instagram (robey_memorial_library), Twitter (WaukonLibrary), Pinterest (robeylibrary) or visit our website (www.waukon.lib.ia.us) and the hashtag #National Library Week to join the online celebration.
First sponsored in 1958, National Library Week is a national observance sponsored by the American Library Association and libraries of all types across the country each April.