December 14, 2022
RML celebrates World Read Aloud Day on Wednesday, February 1 with events from 10am to 8pm.
On World Read Aloud Day people from all around the world read aloud together to celebrate and advocate literacy.
Reading aloud is beneficial to all--from children to adults. “Reading aloud to children every day puts them almost a year ahead of children who do not receive daily read alouds regardless of parental income, education level or cultural background.” (Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research)
Celebrate World Read Aloud Day with us:
- Sign up to read aloud during a 15-minute session—choose your own book or select a title from our special display!
- Listen to read alouds throughout the day!
Robey Memorial Library offers literacy and reading programs throughout the year:
- Tuesday, Story Times, 10:30-11am, including Story Time with Ross on the second Tuesday of the month
- After School with Ross every fourth Tuesday, 3:30pm
- Special Story Times: Pajama Party & Teddy Bear Sleepover
- Thursday Night Book Club, third Thursday at 6pm
- Teen Summer Book Clubs
- Summer Reading Challenge for Infants through High Schoolers
- Reading programs for all ages: 1,000 books before Kindergarten 100 books before High School; Read for a Lifetime; 52-week Read (for 7th through 12th) and the Adult Reading Challenge.
Please contact Robey Memorial Library at (563) 568-4424 or www.waukon.lib.ia.us with questions.